We are looking for an analytical superstar to join our Compensation team as a Compensation Data Analyst. Our employees are the key to our success, and it is imperative that as a business Ledcor is keeping up to date with Compensation trends. By analyzing both internal and external data, this role will support the creation of a data driven understanding of the compensation landscape, which will enable our Leadership team to make informed decisions that will help us to attract and retain employees.
As our new Compensation Data Analyst, you will be reporting to the Senior Manager, Compensation & HR Projects (Manager), to provide insightful analysis on compensation data from a variety of sources. This role will be responsible for taking the initiative to find trends, patterns, and opportunities for compensation at Ledcor.
Bring your extensive Data Analytics experience to this impactful role and join our True Blue team today! This role can be based in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan or Manitoba and will be a home-based position with the understanding you may be required to attend office as business needs dictate.
Compensation Analysis and Insight (50%)
- Collect, combine, mine and analyze disparate datasets and metrics from a variety of sources, including Salary Surveys, Workday, JDE, Recruitment, Business HR, exit Interviews etc to detect underlying labour market trends and Ledcor compensation data trends with a view towards more effective and efficient compensation analytics using statistical analyses, predictive modeling, and forecasting
- Working with the Manager to develop a plan to incorporate non-traditional data sources into our analysis. Monitor social media (Glassdoor, LinkedIn) to monitor what employees are saying about Ledcor’s pay practices
- Conducts ad hoc compensation analyses (exploration projects) on Operating Group compensation related concerns
- Identify key business drivers impacting compensation patterns
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation practices and recommends changes that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives
Compensation Program Enhancements (25%)
- You will perform analysis on components of compensation, change initiatives and provide support to compensation program enhancements by conducting data analysis to support timely data driven decisions
- Takes initiative to identify gaps in, or opportunities for improving, our compensation programs, tools and guidance
- Engage with our internal customers (Business HR and Recruiting) to understand their needs, solve compensation challenges and ensure successful deployment of compensation programs
Compensation Communication & Training (25%)
- Execute on compensation communication plans in order to ensure that leaders and employees have the right level of knowledge (including training across key stakeholder groups and employees)
- Supports the preparation of reports and presentations of findings for the Board, Senior Executives, Operating Group Leaders, HR Leadership teams with compelling data visualizations and narratives
- Supports training activities within HR to increase awareness, understanding and capability for compensation practices within the HR team
- 4 years related experience in Compensation, Financial or Data Analysis
- A Bachelors degree in a relevant field such as Finance, Accounting, Data Science or Statistics
- Experience working with Workday, SAP and Power BI is highly desirable
- Experience with applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Ability to understand and analyze large datasets. Experience processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Comfortable with ambiguity and developing creative solutions to business questions
- Excellent ability to visually present and communicate data, analyses, and findings
- Experience with Power BI preferred
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems logically and systematically
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, complex organization and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality with sensitive employee information
- Ability to work independently and be part of a cross-functional team environment
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite
- Occasional event-related travel may be required
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Jun 14, 2022
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada