You are an experienced accountant with exposure to US Indirect Taxes. You have experience with managing relationships across a complex multi-jurisdictional organization. You have excellent coordination of information skills and are motivated to keep all key players up-to-date and informed about changes in rates and regulations. You work well within a team, but also enjoy independent time to research and develop process.
In this role, you will report to the Manager, Accounting and also work with many other accounting and tax professionals in order to ensure that all US Indirect Tax returns are submitted accurately and on a timely basis. You will connect with the business, finance team members, and the legal team to ensure that compliance is well managed. You will be instrumental in ensuring stakeholders are on top of any new developments in this field.
Join the Ledcor Finance team!
- Plan, develop, implement, and manage a new process around using the company’s ERP system, JDE, as the source of truth for Sales and Use tax amounts owing.
- Ensure that all US Indirect tax returns are submitted on an accurate and timely basis. Coordinate education, planning and training sessions with key stakeholders to reduce the amount of reactive work related to US Indirect tax remittances
- Support and review the preparation of, and occasionally complete, various US Indirect tax returns and remittances.
- Develop and maintain a centralized and updated database of Sales and Use tax rates and information that is shared by multiple stakeholders across the organization.
- Monitor and respond to ongoing and varied communication from state tax authorities. Communicate any regulatory and/or rate changes to all interested parties.
- Act as the coordinator between legal, tax, finance operations and accounting teams on any US business license financial information requirements.
- Liaising with the Indirect Tax Director and senior members of Finance Operations, develop best practices for compliance with US Indirect tax regulation in conjunction with Corporate Policy.
- Participate in discussions related to taxability of new business ventures in the US.
- Support the Indirect Tax Director with information coordination related to various Sales and Use tax audits by state tax authorities.
- Take on special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years’ accounting experience with knowledge of, and experience with, US indirect taxes
- CPA designation
- Well-rounded knowledge of standard accounting concepts and practices
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, with expert knowledge of Excel
- Advanced computer skills using accounting software; familiarity with JD Edwards or similar ERP system would be an asset
- Strong analytical aptitude with ability to focus on detailed research
- Excellent interpersonal skills for interfacing with many different operations and finance teams, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, organize and manage multiple tasks, and set priorities
- Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service
- This work is done remotely, with periodic visits to the Vancouver office
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
May 18, 2022
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada