As the Project Manager you are responsible for the smooth functioning of day-to-day operations to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget. The Project Manager, working independently or with direction from the team, implements the project plan and performs scheduling, reporting, and supports scheduling processes, ensures safety and quality control, and delegates work to project team and contractors.
Join Ledcor Technical Services in Alberta and British Columbia today!
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Creates and facilitates the Project Quality Program to ensure project materials are supplied and work is completed accordingly.
- Maintains project start-up systems and procedures including master filing system, project billings, cost accounting system, and project directory.
- Prior to project start, create and revise preliminary master schedules and proposal for scenario planning considering the crew availabilities, production, IFC, permits, etc.
- Facilitate defining of project milestones and deliverables; assist the development of the project schedule; maintain and update the schedule throughout the project lifecycle.
- Baseline the approved schedule, and communicate it with Design and Construction Team
- Start tracking and marinating the schedule by attending all the required internal and external meetings
- Create short-term schedules and monitoring these schedules to determine their impact on the master schedule
- Clearly communicate any schedule deviations and risks to project team
- Compile, review, analyze, and report the schedule and progress updates on a weekly basis via the database applications (i.e., QuickBase, SharePoint, JIRA, Excel, Other)
- Provide support for forecasting schedule in liaison with project team
- Develops and maintains the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates.
- Run scheduling scenarios/models to understand impacts and provide assessments and options
- Works with project team to identify and manage opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible impact on schedule and financial targets.
- Facilitates project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project’s ongoing progression.
- Maintains, tracks, and reports financial aspects of project including forecasts and billings.
- 3+ years of previous Project Manager or Project Coordinator experience
- Completed post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline an asset.
- Knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications, current construction practices and methodology.
- Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule.
- Understanding of construction costs and budgets.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, anticipate stakeholder needs, and proactively identify solutions.
- Capable of identifying constructability issues in moderately complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including the ability to manipulate large amounts of data and perform moderate to complex functions within Excel
- Knowledge of building Microsoft Power BI reports is an asset
- Knowledge of QuickBase, SharePoint, JIRA, MS Flow is an asset
- Knowledge in with engineering and construction-based scheduling and progress tracking systems is an asset
- Clean drivers abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Must be fully vaccinated and provide valid COVID-19 vaccination record (unless you have a legitimate recognized medical or religious reason for not getting vaccinated)
- Home and site based position
- Some travel to various sites is required
- This role may requires working outdoors in various weather conditions
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Apr 8, 2022
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada