You are an experienced Construction Manager who possesses the skills and abilities to successfully execute Infrastructure projects including bridges, highways, dams, railway, LRT, underground utilities, or subway. As the Construction Manager, you are responsible for the smooth functioning of day to day field operations to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget. You are a recognized expert in the organization, implementing the project plan and schedule, ensure safety and quality control, and delegate work to field staff, contractors, and trades people.
Our Infrastructure division is expanding and working on some very exciting projects valued at over $50 million, across British Columbia, and Alberta.
Apply now and join our industry leading Constructors Infrastructure group in Edmonton or Vancouver today!
- Provides clear direction and leadership to the general superintendents and superintendents to ensure the project’s key performance objectives (cost, schedule, safety, quality, environmental, owner satisfaction, and subcontract relationships) are achieved
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Ensures project materials are supplied and work is completed in compliance with the Project Quality Program (PQP).
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that high quality standards are maintained.
- Supervises field employees, makes sure their work is planned and performed with a high level of efficiency, workmanship, and quality.
- Develops, maintains, and drives the construction schedule in conjunction with project team; ensures project milestones and completion dates are met.
- Strategically plans and implements manpower levels and material quantities and ensures proper equipment and trades are available as required.
- Assumes a leadership role and provides guidance to project team members in order to contribute to their development and career growth.
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the projects ongoing progression.
- Oversees project reporting that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections and other relevant information.
- Supports and promotes Ledcor’s core values of safety, quality, integrity, sustainability and success.
- Performs other related duties as outlined in Ledcor’s Construction Operations Manual.
- 10+ years of experience as a Superintendent or similar direct supervisory role.
- Strong candidates will have demonstrated technical competency through either: an Interprovincial Red Seal, a Journeyperson ticket, or a professional designation like P.Eng, P.Tech or PMP.
- Previous experience overseeing and managing up to 50+ employees/craft, including Superintendents and General Foremen.
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes.
- Solid understanding of current construction practices.
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule, and budget.
- Strong knowledge of construction documents, contracts, costs, and budgets.
- Strong working knowledge of scheduling and project management.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, interpret stakeholders needs, and identify solutions.
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule; can influence and persuade others to adopt a point of view.
- Facilitation and mentoring skills—ability to move the team forward and resolve conflict situations.
- A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork through motivating, coaching, and consensus-building.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to use Word, Excel, and Outlook. Familiarity with scheduling software.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Apr 12, 2022
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada