You are an experienced Piping General Foreperson / Foreperson with experience to support us on a potash mine project. You will be an integral part of the Ledcor team working in Leroy SK. This is a long-term project which includes the installation of the site’s main distribution networks for natural gas, raw water, potable water, firewater, stormwater, sewage (gravity and pressurized), and testing.
Apply today to join the Ledcor Heavy Civil Mining team on site!
- Supervise a crew of Pipefitters and Labourers
- Ensure the safety of the crew, equipment, and work environment
- Ensure that work is completed during regular hours
- Ensures overall compliance of Ledcor's health, safety, and environmental standards as well as occupational health and safety regulations daily
- Demonstrates ability to lead teams effectively in the day-to-day execution of the work by managing resources, equipment, and labour
- Trains, supports, and offers guidance to new employees
- Inspects equipment regularly and ensure preventative maintenance schedules are followed
- Daily paperwork and conduct daily toolbox talks
- Coordinates and communicates with the other Foreman and Supervision to ensure the correct sequencing of operations
- Effective organizational and planning skills; proven experience organizing workloads, managing multiple priorities, and working with multiple deadlines
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a supervisory role
- Minimum 5+ years of experience on heavy civil / earthworks jobs
- Knowledge of piping, heavy civil operations for road construction, underground utilities and mass excavations
- Pipefitting trade background preferred
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
- CSTS, Ground Disturbance Lv2 are required for the position
- Must be fully vaccinated and provide valid COVID-19 vaccination record (unless you have a legitimate recognized medical or religious reason for not getting vaccinated)
- Experienced applicants that reside in Leroy, SK or surrounding areas will be given preference due to the location of this project
- 14 days on / 7 days off rotational shift, 12-hour work days
- Camp based accommodation provided for non-local candidates
- Travel allowance provided from approved locations
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance. Our vast projects include: full-scale contract mining, earthworks, foundations, national highways, bridges, roads, waterways, dams, airports, underground utilities, independent power projects and site reclamation.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Apr 14, 2022
3218D Faithfull Avenue, Saskatoon, SK, Canada