You are an experienced HR Business Partner with 3-5 years of experience working with large matrixed business portfolios. From workforce planning to investigations and beyond, you are exceptional at instituting a collaborative approach, leveraging your exceptional communication skills to partner closely with members of the business to ensure a smooth and consistent flow of people-related services to divisional leaders and staff in a complex environment.
In this role, you will support Ledcor Business Units throughout Canada and the United States. This is an exciting opportunity to work with an esteemed business that proudly offers turnkey solutions to major telecom clients and has built some of the continent's largest fibre-optic projects.
If you are looking for a career where you can make a real difference, come join our True Blue team! This is a remote, work from home opportunity based in Vancouver.
- Assess short and long-term business needs of the client group and provide both operational and generalist HR guidance and support to the business
- Collaborate and work proactively with business unit leaders to identify key issues impacting operational goals, and offer strategic solutions
- Advise, influence and support leaders and employees on a wide range of human resource issues, including employee relations, conflict resolution, performance issues, employee engagement action planning, investigations, sick leave and return-to-work management, reductions in workforce, and HR policies and programs
- Works with our Centre of Excellence as required for specialized assistance, and with recruitment to support hiring needs of the business
- Collaborate and work proactively with business unit leaders to identify key issues impacting operational goals and offer solutions to these issues
- Communicate, facilitate, and/or present HR programs and roll-outs at the divisional and site level
- Collaborate with HR’s CoEs and Service Centre teams on new initiatives, and leverage team expertise in delivering and implementing initiatives to the client group
- 3-5 years of solid, professional-level generalist human resources experience, ideally in a Business Partner role
- Proven experience advising and collaborating with operational business leaders in a consultative capacity
- Completion of post-secondary education in Human Resources Management, or equivalent
- Experience developing and implementing business solutions in medium to large, complex/matrixed environments
- Solid understanding of applicable employment and human rights legislation across Canada Experience working in a Federally regulated industry would be a distinct asset
- Proven skills in coaching, facilitation, conflict resolution and relationship management
- Ability to utilize effective influencing strategies to build respect and trust with business leaders
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the proven ability to juggle and reprioritize based on dynamic business demands and requirements
- Effective and persuasive oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Workday an asset
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
May 17, 2022
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada