You are a Construction Manager with utility scale solar experience. As the Construction Manager you will be responsible for providing technical and operational direction to project staff. You will be a key on-site liaison with client representatives, subcontractors and suppliers. You will ensure appropriate staffing levels and provides supervision and guidance to site employees. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized on projects.
Come join our True Blue Team today!
- Ensures construction operations are well organized and coordinated and comply with client and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures project meets budget and timelines by reviewing work requirements, schedules and cost reports on a continuous basis and participates in project reviews and forecasting.
- Analyzes technical construction issues and develops solutions to address issues.
- Coordinates all resource requirements for projects including personnel, equipment, materials, etc.
- Maintains strong working relationships at job sites with client representatives, subcontractors, suppliers and labour force.
- Supervises personnel and addresses staff development requirements including conducting performance reviews and identifying training needs.
- As part of the Employer committee, participates in collective agreement negotiations with the union.
- Participates in the grievance process.
- Ensures strict adherence to all safety programs and policies.
- Diploma in Construction Management from an accredited technical institution or an Engineering Degree, Technical Diploma or equivalent work experience
- Utility scale solar experience
- Minimum of 10 years related construction management experience
- Experience working on large EPC projects
- Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule.
- Understanding of construction documents and the ability to ensure that they are complete, protect the owner’s interest, clearly define expectations and provide incentive to perform.
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets.
- Ability to anticipate stakeholder needs, investigate the underlying causes and identify short and long term solutions.
- Familiar with PV modules, racking, site preparation, substations, DC and AC wiring, inverters.
- Strong logistics and material management skills.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Apr 18, 2022
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada