As an experienced Fleet and Equipment Manager you will be responsible for overall management of the Telecommunications fleet and equipment used in your assigned regions. You will be responsible for the development and implementation of regional fleet and equipment strategies while maintaining the overall framework of the company wide strategy. With your industry experience you will be able to continuously develop improvement strategies for asset utilization and maintenance. You’re a team player who ensures the well-being of others and lends a hand where needed. We offer industry-leading benefits package, prioritize training, development, and career growth opportunities.
Join our True Blue team today in Edmonton or Calgary, AB!
- Responsible for the LTS fleet of vehicles and equipment in their assigned region; including, but not limited to acquisition, transfers, disposals, maintenance, financial reporting, and replacement planning.
- Track, report and forecast equipment metrics (including fuel consumption, maintenance spend, MVIs, asset utilization). Acquire, analyze and interpret real-time fleet data utilizing in house and third-party provider tools to produce proper documentation/control and operational recommendations. Develop and implement KPIs that support continuous improvement and accountability
- Manage and mentor staff with a current knowledge of all applicable federal/provincial government regulations, Transport Canada obligations, and safety policies. Mentor and guide Fleet team to meet Ledcor standards for safety, cost control and equipment availability
- Work within the overall company fleet and equipment strategy framework to develop, design and implement functional policies and program changes in the assigned region that make or drive improvements in business processes, structure and performance, based on long-term needs. Continuously improve equipment strategies (e.g. maintenance strategies and strategic replacement planning)
- Liaise with LTS business leaders to understand short-term and long-term demand and plan the number and type of fleet leases/purchases/rentals required. Work closely with regional stakeholders and Ledcor Equipment Group to align equipment strategies with LTS operations and ensure operational needs are being met
- Monitor performance and manage local relationships with strategic vendors to resolve issues, manage change, and ensure high level of service for Operations in their region.
- 5 years’ successful experience in a corporate Fleet Manger or equivalent position
- Demonstrated experience managing a fleet of 300+ vehicles
- Experience as a change manager and/or change agent at a senior level.
- Demonstrated ability to engage, interact and influence all levels of management – from mid-level managers to senior executives
- Excellent analytical, project management, communication, and teamwork skills
- Business focused and skilled in recognizing expense savings opportunities
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint); familiarity with J.D. Edwards would be an asset
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements in Canada (NSC, CVOR)
- Proven ability to mentor and manage a team of more 4+ members
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Apr 18, 2022
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada