You are an experienced Heavy Equipment Operator with experience to support us on our Fort Hills SPDDA project. You will be an integral part of the Ledcor team working in Fort McMurray, AB. The successful candidate will be responsible for operating in accordance with quality, safety and efficiency standards.
Join the Ledcor team in Fort McMurray AB today!
- Effectively and safely operates various equipment such as Loader, Grader, Skid Steer, Zoom Boom and Sideboom - utilizing machine specific controls and machine attachments to complete all necessary tasks
- This includes operating on adverse terrain, near other equipment and heavy trafficked areas
- Operates in crowded, fast-paced working environments, and exercises extreme caution with awareness of potential situational hazards to ensure site safety.
- Interprets verbal and non-verbal communication (including hand signals) from operators, ground personnel and Labourers, and acts accordingly.
- Performs mechanical inspections and servicing including controls and operations, completing logbooks, performs maintenance and adjustments, ensures good housekeeping
- Performs effective operation of equipment by recognizing unusual machine movements and sounds.
- Recognizes existing and potential hazards and knows how to identify these through conducting a field level pre-job hazard analysis, checking the machine for hazards and assessing any tasks before start.
- Must have 3+ years previous experience as an Equipment Operator
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess valid CSTS/CSO/BSO
- Must be fully vaccinated and provide valid COVID-19 vaccination record in order to Fly in – Fly out as Transport Canada rules surrounding vaccinations apply (unless you have a legitimate recognized medical or religious reason for not getting vaccinated)
- Experienced applicants that reside in Fort McMurray or surrounding areas will be given preference due to the location of this project
- 14 days on / 7 days off rotational shift, 10-hour workdays
- Camp based accommodation provided for non-local candidates
- Travel allowance provided from approved locations
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Industrial offers an integrated range of services from construction, engineering, and maintenance to pipe fabrication and module assembly. We offer turnkey solutions to our oil and gas clients and have built some of the continent’s largest oil and gas projects.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Apr 22, 2022
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada