Job Description Summary
You're a skilled Operations Manager, experienced in successfully managing telecommunication, utility or other civil construction projects. Your past experience has equipped you to drive both short and long term solutions and contribute to the overall success of the business. In this role, you will oversee the day to day operations of fibre to the home and business infrastructure construction and project management, while maintaining a steadfast focus on schedule, budget, safety and operational staff.
Come join our True Blue team in the Edmonton and Calgary, AB today!
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Promotes overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
- Creates and/or facilitates Project Quality Program to ensure project materials are supplied and work is completed accordingly
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that high quality standards are maintained
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project’s ongoing progression
- Provides strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure project targets are achieved
- Development of superintendent team to strengthen field production, innovation and client satisfaction
- Identifies and manages opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible impact on schedule and financial targets
- Maintains good relationships and positively interacts with Customer Representatives, Subcontractors and the public
- Ensures understanding of, and compliance with, municipal rules and regulations related to permits, road occupancy, etc.
- 7+ years of related work experience, or a combination of relevant education and experience
- 5+ years of utility Engineering/Construction experience, with an emphasis on Fibre optics and Fibre to the Home (FTTH) projects
- Completed post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering, a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with directional drilling and aerial construction methodologies
- Ability to plan and manage project schedules, and a strong understanding of costs and budgets
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in complex situations and creating new solutions in the construction plan and schedule
- A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork through motivating, coaching, and consensus-building.
- Previous staff supervision experience, including unionized personnel
- Effective organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Effective oral and written communication skills paired with an ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders and anticipate stakeholder needs
- Must be fully vaccinated and provide valid COVID-19 vaccination record (unless you have a legitimate recognized medical or religious reason for not getting vaccinated)
- Clean drivers abstract
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Office and site based position
- This role requires working outdoors in various weather conditions
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
May 25, 2022
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada