As the Junior Accountant, you will be responsible for supporting the accounting administration of various business units within the Resources & Transportation (“R&T”) division, including account analysis and reconciliations of the balance sheet accounts. You will also be responsible for supporting variance analysis of monthly results with supporting details for management review.
Join our True Blue Team, Apply today!
- Review and reconcile log harvesting activities. Backup for preparation of bi-weekly contractors logging and log hauling pays.
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of entries into the financial system, JD Edwards, including month end preparation of journal entries and verification of accounts payable cost coding.
- Liaises with operational staff to ensure invoices and billings are submitted timely for proper month end cut off. Works with team to ensure all costs are entered and prepares accruals for any missing costs for month end cut off.
- Administration of all general accounting duties, processes and controls that support the financial cycle to ensure timely, complete, accurate data for reporting and variance analysis.
- Conducts monthly balance sheet account reconciliations to provide details of prepaid expenses, deferred costs, accruals, amortization, and contingency accounts setup as per contracts / agreements.
- Completion of post-secondary education or diploma in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field
- Minimum 2 years of progressive experience in accounting
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, with expert knowledge of Excel
- Advanced computer skills using accounting software; familiarity with JD Edwards or similar ERP system would be an asset
- Strong analytical aptitude with excellent attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for collaboration with both internal and external clients
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and set priorities
- Committed to supporting team members with various accounting activities
- Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service
- Work from home
- Occasional travel maybe required
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
May 20, 2022
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada