We are seeking a Junior. Estimator preferably with some experience working in Outside Plant construction projects. You will perform quantity take offs, cost analysis, sub-trade negotiations, competitive bid management and document control while utilizing current estimating software. You will support estimating activities such as preparing hard bid, cost plus and design build estimates for projects.
Join our (LTS) Ledcor Technical Services Team.
- Implements and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures in relation to estimating
- Performs general administrative and recordkeeping functions
- Performs quantity take offs on a wide range of scopes of work
- Performs on-site project fielding duties to support estimate validation
- Assists in contacting trades and suppliers, regarding invitations, pricing, addenda and tender/bid closings Assists in developing the project schedule
- Assists in the selection and maintenance of subcontractor database
- Provides guidance for non-estimating personnel on their estimating related requirements
- Interfaces and communicates (written and oral) with the estimating team and management as needed
- Participates in ongoing training and development within estimating
- Completion of post-secondary education with a diploma or degree related to Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Estimating, Engineering, Telecom or related education
- 0-2 years related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Office and any related estimating software (may include HCSS, OST, MS Project, Agtek, Primavera, AutoCAD)
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Maintain a safe driving record in compliance with Ledcor DriveSafe program.
- Capable of proactively participating in discussions, asking questions and thinking critically, ensuring understanding and providing explanations clearly and precisely
- Willing to work co-operatively with others to achieve team goals and objectives
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
May 2, 2022
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada