You are an exceptional Superintendent with 3+ years of experience. You will be responsible for overseeing and the coordination of our project to ensure it is completed on time and within budget. As a Superintendent, you are able to work independently or with direction from the team, implement project plans and schedules, ensuring site safety and quality control, and are able to effectively communicate with stakeholders.
Join the Ledcor Building team in Coquitlam, BC today!
- Lead the project execution in accordance with contract documents, sub-contracts/agreements, plans, specifications and shop drawings including coordination and execution of changes to the work
- Daily supervision and coordination of sub-trades
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project
- Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Ensures project materials are supplied and work is completed in compliance with the Project Quality Program
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that high quality standards are maintained.
- Reviews, maintains, and updates the construction schedule in conjunction with project team and ensures project milestones and completion dates are met.
- Issues material and services purchase orders and confirms receipt of materials and return of equipment
- Participates in project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project’s ongoing progression
- Maintains a thorough daily report that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections, and other relevant information
- Performs other related duties as outlined in Ledcor’s Construction Operations Manual
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Superintendent
- Have a thorough understanding of both high-rise and low-rise residential and commercial projects
- Great relationship with finishing sub trades, material suppliers and vendors locally
- Coordinate with the Project Superintendent to plan and manage the project schedule.
- Must have good customer service experience and able to conduct PDI's
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures
- Solid understanding of current construction practices; working knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications and project management
- Ability to guide safe work practices in a high paced environment while maintaining project quality, schedule and budget
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, understand and interpret stakeholder needs and identify solutions
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in moderately complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule
- Skilled at promoting teamwork with project team and stakeholders
- Have strong budgeting and scheduling skills and aptitude with scheduling software and project management software is a must
- Ability to use Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver’s license
- Night shifts
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
May 16, 2022
., Coquitlam, BC, Canada