As a BIM Coordinator, you will come with 5+ years of experience in civil and/or buildings. You will provide technical support and assist operations staff to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized on projects.
Join the Virtual Construction Services team in Toronto and experience the opportunity to use virtual reality and gaming technology to help solve problems.
- Creates virtual 3D models from plans and specifications
- Oversees on-site BIM related project coordination, including model coordination with trade contractors
- Troubleshoots BIM related issues on site, seeking assistance from branch BIM staff as required
- Performs clash detections and assists in developing solutions with project team
- Generates 4D simulations and site logistic models
- Performs quantity take-offs taken from BIM models
- Assists project staff in understanding the prime and trade contract documents as they relate to BIM services, responsibilities and delivery
- Communicates updated 3D site logistics plan and 4D modeling animation to project stakeholders
- Updates BIM enabled "as-built" project schedule using BIM elements to demonstrate current status
- Assists and performs clash detection and develops solutions with project team
- Troubleshoots BIM related issues, seeking assistance from branch BIM staff as required
- Maintains BIM related document management systems on projects
- Coordinates 3D laser scans/point cloud models
- Implements VR / AR models for coordination and validation as required
- May perform other duties as required
- 5+ years’ experience working with BIM related software; strong Knowledge of Autodesk Revit, Navisworks and Synchro (considered an asset)
- Construction Management or Architectural Technologist/Technician diploma or degree
- Experience in civil and buildings project; wet & dry utility experience is highly regarded
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication, planning and organizational skills
- Excellent work ethic, demanding the highest standards of performance from self and others
- Team oriented approach to business with a willingness to uphold company values and interest in learning new BIM tools
- Office based position
- Travel to various sites may be required
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
May 12, 2022
344 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON, Canada