You are a knowledgeable Pipefitter Apprentice that is looking to gain experience working in an industrial shop setting. We are looking for a Pipefitter Apprentice to support us in our Module Fabrication shop in Nisku, AB. The successful candidate will be responsible for working in accordance with quality, safety, and efficiency standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of functional operation of various piping system components by measuring, cutting, threading, and bolting up, valves and fittings
- Performs bolt up, rigging, and hydro testing
- Assembles and installs piping sections according to blueprints and job specifications
- Working safely in a team environment such as working with a crew of pipefitters or working with a welder
- Performs physically demanding tasks such as cutting openings for pipe while standing for extended periods of time and securing pipe in hard-to-reach areas
- Uses testing equipment effectively to check for system leaks and troubleshoot fitting errors
- Conduct pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections, completes daily Field Level Hazard Assessments, and logs and reports any maintenance concerns with the equipment
- Fill out and understand an equipment logbook
- Ensures the safety of the crew, equipment, and environment
- Ensures that work is completed during regular hours
- Must be a registered Pipefitter Apprentice from a recognized provincial training authority
- Ledcor requires possession of CSTS 2020 (Construction Safety Training Systems). Successful candidates without it will be set up with the appropriate training required.
- Must possess AWP ticket
- Must possess Fall Protection ticket
- Must possess valid Elevated Work Platform
- Emergency Level or Standard First Aid Level certification is considered an asset
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skill
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Able to interpret rough drawings, can conceptualize
- Strong understanding of various metals & compounds, rods, wire, gases, abrasives, etc.
Ledcor Industrial offers an integrated range of services from construction, engineering, and maintenance to pipe fabrication and module assembly. We offer turnkey solutions to our oil and gas clients and have built some of the continent’s largest oil and gas projects.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
May 13, 2022
3925 8 Street, Nisku, AB, Canada