As a Superintendent working on the high-profile Coastal GasLink Project based in Kitimat, BC, you will play a key role in the successful execution of the project. You are an experienced leader with 10+ years of large diameter pipeline experience.
You will be responsible for successful execution and completion of CGL Spread 8 West. This role will give you the chance to work on a career defining project with a number of years to run.
Come join our True Blue team in Kitimat!
- Demonstrates leadership in the application of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors
- Develops, maintains and drives the construction schedule in conjunction with the project and operations team to ensure budgets and timelines are met
- Ensures pipeline operations are well organized and coordinated and comply with client specifications and regulatory requirements
- Maintains strong working relationships with client representatives, subcontractors, suppliers and labour force
- Oversees project reporting that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections and other relevant information
- Strategically plans and implements manpower levels and material quantities and ensures proper equipment and trades are available as required
- Assumes leadership role and provides guidance to field supervisors in order to contribute to their development and career growth; including conducting performance reviews and identifying training needs
- Works with the field operations supervision to identify and select qualified field personnel
- 10+ years of experience in pipeline construction with several years in a leadership capacity at the superintendent level is required
- Thorough and deep knowledge of the civil and mechanical aspects of pipeline construction including practices, contracts, processes and techniques in grading, welding and coating.
- Previous steep slope and watercourse crossing experience required
- Previous experience working with pipe larger than 36" required
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong computer skills using the MS Office suite are essential
- A strong safety record and the ability to work with a variety of individuals to reach solutions in conflict situations
- Proven ability to build and maintain successful work crews; has work force network and the ability to leverage those relationships within the industry
- Effective leader who can motivate and facilitate people and maintain effective relationships with clients, subcontractors and suppliers
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Jul 21, 2022
2975 Airport Road, Kamloops, BC, Canada