Ledcor Technical Services is a leader in providing telecommunication support services across North America. We specialize in providing maintenance, engineering and emergency restoration support to major telecommunication carriers across Canada and the USA.
As a HSE Coordinator, you will provide expert advice independently or with minimal direction/guidance, providing management support and assisting operations staff to achieve the corporate goal of zero incidents. You will provide direct leadership and guidance on health, safety and environmental (HS&E) matters on worksites, and act as a resource to field supervisors to assist them in fulfilling their responsibilities.
Apply to join the Ledcor team in Calgary today!
- Conduct inspections of the work area and meet with field supervisors to discuss any potential problems: help to ensure the adequate supply of safety equipment, such as protective equipment, fire extinguishers, respirators, etc., monitor environmental hazards, such as excessive noise, toxic agents, etc.
- Provide field supervisors and employees with services and advice on HS&E related issues, conduct site safety orientation for new employees and internal HS&E related training where required.
- Able to be assertive and speak with confidence.
- Collaborate with the HS&E manager and HS&E coordinators across LTS to assist in the development, revision and implementation of procedures, standards, rules, and regulations. Provide education and mentoring to field supervisors on program implementation.
- Build and maintain a trusting relationship with clients, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Verify that the HS&E plans, safe work processes and hazard assessments are current and updated as the scope of work changes and support site leadership with look ahead planning.
- Assist in the investigation of incidents to determine causation and support the site leadership in the development of measurable corrective actions and monitoring for continuous improvement within the area of influence.
- Monitor and report on the overall effectiveness of the overall implementation of project HS&E plans.
- Audit the quality of the field level hazard assessments and incident investigation reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Provide support to site leadership in the preparation of site-specific material for safety meetings and toolbox talks.
- 4-6 years of related work experience in construction or telecommunications safety role. Strong consideration would be given to candidates with Telecom experience.
- Certificate or diploma in occupational health and safety. CRSP designation is considered an asset.
- Must have a clean drivers’ abstract.
- Possess valid First Aid and CPR.
- Has developed technical knowledge of common construction practices, techniques and equipment.
- Experience in executing HS&E project strategy, goals and objectives.
- Experience in conducting health & safety orientations.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong computer competency including experience with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a variety of individuals.
- Experience in incident investigation cause causal analysis, DNV SCAT.
- Capable of adapting information/style to the audience, explains difficult information clearly and influences and persuades others towards consensus agreement in straightforward situations.
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver’s license and driver's abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements and security clearance process
- Must be fully vaccinated and provide valid COVID-19 vaccination record (unless you have a legitimate recognized medical or religious reason for not getting vaccinated)
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
May 13, 2022
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada