You are an experienced Superintendent who works hard to ensure the smooth functioning of the day-to-day civil operations. Your focus on cost, safety, quality and schedule will lead to the on time and on budget completion of project scopes. Working on the high-profile Transmountain Expansion Project based in the lower mainland, this opportunity will give you the chance to work on a career defining, long-term project.
Come join our True Blue team in British Columbia today!
- Provides clear direction to team members and distributes workload to capitalize on individual and group strengths while ensuring balanced exposure to work experience and development opportunities.
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and ensures that quality standards are maintained.
- Develops and maintains the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates.
- Ensures site safety and environmental standards are met or exceeded.
- Ensures that the quality of materials and workmanship meet or exceed standards identified in approval documents.
- Achieves project schedule commitments within the financial targets.
- Maintains and tracks billings, reports and projections and implements trade awards and construction work within financial targets and constraints.
- Sets expected levels of documentation, standards for accounting issues, methodology of budget control, types of bids (fixed price, cost plus, unit price), etc.
- 5 years+ as a superintendent with experience large infrastructure or oil and gas jobs required.
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule, and budget.
- Experience in earthworks, roadworks, traffic management, utility construction considered an asset.
- Demonstrated exposure to Project Controls and progress tracking and reporting is an asset.
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel.
- Effective communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form.
- This position is based in the Burnaby, BC area.
- 5 days on, 2 days off, local candidates preferred but not required.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
May 17, 2022
8051 Enterprise Street, Burnaby, BC, Canada