You are a Utility Construction labourer with 1 - 3+ years of experience in underground utility or civil construction and maintenance. You will perform general labour duties and operate equipment collaborating with the other crew members to complete work safely and efficiently, under the direction of the foreman.
Come join our True Blue team in Calgary today!
- Completes regular vehicle maintenance checks and associated paperwork
- Drives cube van or 3-ton dump truck with trailer in tow
- Keeps crew vehicles consistently clean and organized
- Works with crew members to perform the day’s tasks (excavating pits, rod, and rope conduits, placing underground cables in conduits, assisting in directional bore operations, removing and replacing concrete and asphalt, etc...)
- Operates equipment and lifts heavy items (up to 50 lbs.)
- Reads underground utility locates and ensures safe digging practices are always being adhered to
- Assists in restoring job sites back to their original state
- Maintains a healthy and safe work environment for the crew, the public, the customer, and Ledcor
- Experience working in the underground utility construction, civil construction or landscaping is an asset
- Capable of reading underground telecommunication plans and work maps
- Experience operating and maintaining mini excavators, skid steers and backhoes
- Strong time management skills with the ability to attend to a broad range of activities
- Technically adept with a strong ability to learn quickly, analyze information, and problem solve
- Capable of writing clearly and succinctly for different forms of communication
- Clean drivers abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Must be fully vaccinated and provide valid COVID-19 vaccination record (unless you have a legitimate recognized medical or religious reason for not getting vaccinated)
- Travel to various sites across Southern Alberta is required
- Working outdoors in various weather conditions
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Jun 10, 2022
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada