As the Project Manager you are responsible for successfully delivering outside plant fiber optic builds, both aerial and underground. You will ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget. The Project Manager, working independently or with direction from the team, implements the project plan and schedule, ensures safety and quality control, and delegates work to project team, contractors, and trades people.
This role can be based out of Vancouver, Edmonton or Calgary with flexible work from home arrangements. Come join our True Blue team in Western Canada today!
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Ensures timely change management.
- Manage communication between design, construction, and procurement.
- Develops and maintains the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates.
- Facilitates project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project’s ongoing progression.
- Works with project team to identify and manage opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible impact on schedule and financial targets.
- Maintains, tracks, and reports financial aspects of project including forecasts and billings.
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on
- 5+ years of related work experience in managing telecom or similar utility / civil construction projects
- Previous experience as a Project Manager or in a similar direct managerial / supervisory role.
- Completed post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline an asset.
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications, current construction practices and methodology.
- Demonstrated negotiation/management skills.
- Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule.
- Understanding of construction costs and budgets.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, anticipate stakeholder needs, and proactively identify solutions.
- Capable of identifying constructability issues in moderately complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule.
- Ability to motivate, coach and guide other team members.
- Effective organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Must be fully vaccinated and provide valid COVID-19 vaccination record (unless you have a legitimate recognized medical or religious reason for not getting vaccinated)
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
May 26, 2022
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada