You are an energetic and enthusiastic administrative professional looking for an opportunity to hone your skills in a dynamic and fast paced team.
As the Onboarding Coordinator you will be the front line contact for all union employees coming into the organization prior to their start date, and will be responsible for facilitating, coordinating and ensuring that all onboarding activities are completed to support organizational requirements.
Come join our True Blue team for this 6 month contract opportunity. Flexible work from home opportunity based in Alberta or BC. Apply today to begin your career with Ledcor!
- Initiate the hire business process in Workday, follows up on approvals and escalates eligibility and D&A concerns
- Ensure new hires have the appropriate level of support to complete information in Workday, such as direct deposit completion, personal information, emergency contact, tax form etc.
- Provide support for inquiries/questions as it relates to self-service in Workday
- Manage and tracks all onboarding activities in Workday, ensuring that candidate information is updated on a timely basis
- Work closely with the apprenticeship team to verify journeyperson and apprenticeship status
- Work with 3rd party vendors to arrange services for drug and alcohol testing and background checks.
- Communicate site requirements and ensures that all safety certifications are valid
- Coordinate candidates’ travel and accommodation booking with site representatives
- Ensure appropriate site information details are communicated to individuals
- Interface with business representatives about onboarding status
- Work closely with the Recruitment team to ensure a strong handoff and positive experience is created for all employees
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar position, managing volume and complexity is an asset
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources and/or Business
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills; the ability to build rapport, communicate effectively with a variety of audiences both verbally and written
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to work in a high volume, dynamic environment and respond to changing business needs
- Strong sense of urgency with the ability to deliver results in a timely manner
- Understanding of collective agreements, pre-jobs and employment terms
- Ability to work collaboratively within a dynamic, action-oriented team
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Jun 30, 2022
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada