You're an Outside Plant (OSP) Designer responsible for detailed design of OSP elements (aerial and/or underground) and fiber designs of telecommunication networks. You'll be an integral part of the engineering team and will design networks using a variety of tools, ensuring constructability issues are incorporated into the network designs.
Join our Design & Engineering Team in Western Canada, including remote work locations. Apply today!
- Perform layout and design of fiber optic and copper outside plant networks
- Support projects such as FTTH deployments, road moves, relocations, hardened structure build, wireless deployments, fiber-to-the-suite, greenfield residential and commercial developments
- Manage day-to-day growth and sustainment of existing telecommunications networks (road relocations, infrastructure adds/moves/changes).
- Experience in aerial and underground telecommunications design and construction practices
- Work under supervision of a senior designer to complete complex projects.
- Perform quality control and field checks of construction and inspections
- Reading and interpreting outside plant records (data, maps, fiber network designs)
- Maintain knowledge of current OSP design principles and industry standards, and perform in compliance with updated Safety Codes, Electric Codes, customer practices and procedures
- Conduct site walk for data collection of all surface features and underground utility data necessary to support the preparation of the construction drawings that are complete and suitable for construction
- Perform system design, create BOM and provide construction quotes for requested projects
- Collaborating with team members from other divisions to overcome project challenges and issues
- Following company standards and procedures related to Health & Safety while performing assigned job duties
- Ensuring schedule deadlines are adhered to and project deliverables are maintained
- 1+ years' experience working within telecommunications OSP fiber design, copper design or RF plant design is an asset
- Graduate from a technical college program preferably in civil, electrical/telecommunications, GIS or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of GPON, Copper and Fibre distribution standards and architectures.
- Organized and self-motivated with strong attention to detail
- Strong MS Office skills, experience with AutoCAD, ESRI/ArcGIS, Spatial Net would be an asset
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders and interpret their needs
- Working knowledge of construction or telecom documents, drawings, specifications and current construction practices and methodology
- Willingness to contribute actively in team discussions, sharing experiences and ideas
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment requirements
- Travelling and working on site as required
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Jun 2, 2022
27420 Township Road 374, Red Deer, AB, Canada