You are an experienced QA/QC professional with a strong grasp of complex systems, supporting our telecommunication build programs. You utilize your experience in telecommunications to ensure a high-quality fiber-optic network that meets all specifications and requirements. Your experience in Telecommunications enable you to support project quality initiatives and reporting.
Come join our True Blue team in Vancouver or Calgary today!
- Completes fiber-optics testing quality review by reading and analyzing traces and test results, interpreting telecommunication drawings via desk review
- Schedules and monitors testing and inspection services including conducting field audits as required, to meet project deliverable dates set by the PMO
- Completes in-field inspections according to project quality specifications
- Performs general administrative and recordkeeping functions to ensure project-specific Quality management information is readily available including the completion of required Quality documentation
- Initiates, coordinates, and delivers project-specific orientation sessions to both internal and external team members
- Supply ongoing, real-time, technical support to all project team members. This includes, but is not limited to, Superintendents, Craftsmen, Clients, Design, and Engineering personnel
- Initiates the remediation process when materials or products do not meet the required specifications
- Participates in the planning of Quality items related to the phases of construction, verifies that testing equipment is properly maintained and in good working order, and ensures permanent materials are supplied in accordance with Quality specifications
- 2-4 years of related work experience in telecommunications or a combination of relevant education and experience. Instrumentation and controls, electrical, civil and drilling-related to quality
- Completion of post-secondary education in telecommunication or related field experience is an asset
- Fiber optic construction, splicing and testing experience (both aerial and underground) is an asset
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Office
- Understanding and ability to interpret blueprints and construction documents and drawings
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Able to identify problems/issues and generates solutions and makes sound decisions using standard procedures
- Capable of probing and listening carefully, presenting information clearly in an appropriate style, and persuading others in straightforward situations
- Willing to contribute actively to team activities, sharing experiences and ideas
- Must be fully vaccinated and provide a valid COVID-19 vaccination record (unless you have a legitimate recognized medical or religious reason for not getting vaccinated)
- Flexible working conditions – both home and office based
- Some travel will be required to site and/or office locations within Western Canada
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Jun 7, 2022
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada