You are an experienced Sideboom Operator looking for a competitive wage, benefits, and a company who prides themselves on safety. You have previous experience operating within a crowded, fast-paced industrial construction environment.
Join the Ledcor team in Fort McMurray, AB now!
- Operate 572, 583 and 594 models in order to move pipe/welding/bolt up.
- Effectively and safely operates hydraulic sidebooms utilizing machine specific controls and machine attachments to complete all necessary tasks.
- Utilize sideboom in adverse terrain, and winter operations, and exercises extreme caution with awareness of potential situational hazards to ensure site safety.
- Conduct pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections and completes daily Field Level Hazard Assessments, logs and reports any maintenance concerns with the equipment
- Performs effective operation of equipment by recognizing unusual machine movements and sounds
- Minimum 5 years’ experience operating sidebooms
- Must be able to interpret capacity chart(s) and identify the rigging requirements
- Must be able to understand the capacity of each component and the relationships between the length of the boom, length of cable, cable size and load limits
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess valid CSTS 2020 (Construction Safety Training Systems) certification and OSSA Regional Orientation or Basic Safety Orientation certificate
- Must possess and maintain a clean driver’s abstract and valid class 5 driver's license
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, work at heights, be agile and able to go on/off equipment.
- Applicants who reside in Fort McMurray will be given preference due to the location of the project
- Camp and flights are not provided for this project
- LOA provided for non-local employees
- 14/7 shift rotation working 10-12 hours per day
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Work will be outdoors in rough terrain and under extreme weather conditions
Jun 28, 2022
Fort MacKay Industrial Park Lot 21, Fort McMurray, AB, Canada