As a leader in Health and Safety you have extensive experience in a fast paced, dynamic, industrial construction environment. You have a proven ability to coach, mentor and train Safety Coordinators and will guide them to be successful in the delivery of Ledcor’s Health and Safety programs at one or more Ledcor project sites. As a recognized leader in the health and safety function, you know how to earn the respect of both your staff, project management and your customer.
Click on the video below and come join our True Blue team today!
- Takes responsibility for mentoring, training and coaching of site's HS&E personnel
- Advises, ensures and is responsible for implementation of HS&E program on project site(s)
- Recommends to Senior HS&E management and Operations on the tactics/steps required to implement HS&E programs and enhance the HS&E culture for their site(s)
- Coaches, assists and supports site HS&E and Operations people to understand client HS&E needs - develops PSSP (aligned with Ledcor’s HS&E program) to meet client requirements
- Able to perform the HS&E work being supervised - may need to fill in for cross shift or HS&E people shortages
- Applies expertise to solve problems within the HS&E program guidelines for their site(s)
- Represents Ledcor at client meetings on site level interfaces as required
- Participates in the evaluation and selection of Safety Coordinators including ongoing performance management and development processes
- Resolves day-to-day or routine issues through immediate actions or short-term planning within defined processes
- Enables and facilitates HS&E and operations resources to meet short-term and long term HS&E objectives
- Sets objectives for HS&E employees to achieve HS&E capabilities for their site(s)
- Able to manage difficult HS&E issues and obtain agreement as needed
- Provides guidance and oversight for incident investigations/management on project site(s)
- 5 + year's Health and Safety experience in a management position.
- 10+ year’s Health and Safety experience in Industrial Construction.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in a fast paced, industrial construction environment
- Degree/Diploma in OH&S or related discipline and a designation of CRSP is preferred.
- Able to influence work planning and execution by field / operations people as relates to achieving HS&E objectives
- Enjoys working hard - is action oriented and can be counted on to exceed goals successfully
- Identifies opportunities to improve - sees them as challenges to overcome
- Dedicated to meeting requirements of internal and external customers - acts with customers in mind
- Possess a high level of expertise in incident investigations, determining corrective actions and ensuring follow-up
- Viewed as a mentor and expert in Ledcor HS&E program and practices, health and safety regulations, and proactive safety activities and programs
- A common shift rotation is 14 days on, 7 days off, however shift schedules may change based on project needs
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Jun 10, 2022
., , ON, Canada