You are an experienced Environmental Proposal Specialist who will provide subject matter expertise involving environmental technical writing assistance, jurisdictional regulatory and compliance input for proposals. You will ensure timely delivery of environmental content for expression of interests, pre-qualifications, and requests for proposals. You will engage with operations, estimating, commercial (risk), legal, quality, safety, financial, and other shared services to assess and complete the proposal requirements. This role is also responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of proposal content as it relates to the environment and sustainability. You would also provide occasional support to business development and operations teams. You are a team player and willing to learn the business acumen to support all of Ledcor’s diverse business’.
We offer an industry-leading benefits package and prioritize training and development, team building and career growth opportunities.
Be part of a dynamic and supportive proposal team in this Work from Home (WFH) position, come join our True-Blue team today!
- Prepares environmental responses and deliverables for proposal submissions. Ensures high-quality, well-written content while incorporating consistent use of Ledcor brand and key messages relevant to the submission. Liaises openly and effectively with consultants, internal staff, and other stakeholders to coordinate and develop up-to-date and relevant content. Identifies potential environmental risks to be considered in the pursuit. Researches Client environmental requirements and pursuit specific environmental management/protection plan(s) relating to the following areas:
- Provincial and Federal legislation
- Provincial and Federal permitting
- Best Management Practices
- Risks and mitigation measures (air, soil, water, wetlands, spills, cultural/heritage resources, traditional land use, waste management, non-compliance)
- Species at Risk (birds, bats, fish, amphibians, reptiles, mammals, vegetation)
- Supports, develops, and implements environmental processes, procedures, plans, and templates. Develops, implements, and maintains environmental proposal content database/repositories. Ensures environmental proposal materials are accurately sourced and maintained.
- Updates each pursuit specific environmental management/protection plan(s) after project award to include revised Client specifications.
- Provides occasional support to Business Development teams, other business units/divisions, leadership initiatives, HS&E (ISNET etc.). Assists in preparing and editing presentations and other environmental marketing, communication, and database compliance update documents as required.
- Promotes and raises awareness of the impact of emerging environmental issues, whether legislated or best practices, on corporate, ethical, and social responsibility.
- Minimum 3 years of construction-related fieldwork experience.
- Post-Secondary education in one of the Earth Sciences disciplines (i.e., Biology, Geology, Environmental Science, Forestry, Agriculture) or Diploma in Environmental Technology
- 3-5 years of combined education and experience in the delivery/management of an environmental compliance program
- Background in developing, monitoring, and auditing environmental practices
- Project/proposal management and coordination
- Familiar with construction methodology and practices
- Knowledge of engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning phases
- Business development and marketing experience and support skills
- Experience using SharePoint considered an asset
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Jun 13, 2022
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada