You will play a key role in the delivery of a major package of the TMEP. You are an experienced purchaser whose key responsibilities will be the procurement of materials, equipment and services at the best terms and overall value to Ledcor and the Client. You will also be responsible for developing and sustaining vendor relationships to maintain a reliable source of quality supply at the most competitive terms and building internal customer relationships through working closely with the site personnel to ensure project requirements are met.
Apply today to join our Pipeline team in Valemount & Blue River!
- Works closely with Construction and Project team to identify the project requirements for services, materials, and equipment, based on a short-term construction activities and long-term project look-aheads. Assists the team with finalizing the best procurement strategy for identified requirements (rental, purchase, etc.).
- Performs inquiries, prepares and issues RFQs, receives and analyzes bids and performs negotiations with vendor(s) to ensure the most cost-effective pricing and model.
- Ensures awards are made in line with the best procurement strategies and project requirements, based on price competitiveness, indigenous engagement content, schedule and best value to the project.
- Performs negotiations with vendor(s) and service providers to ensure the most cost-effective model and pricing.
- Prepares and issues recommendations for awards to Client.
- Pro-actively expedites documents and materials per agreed terms of purchase.
- Works closely with accounting and warehouse receiving to ensure timely payment of all supplier invoices and closes out completed purchase commitments.
- Investigates and/or constructively escalates and recovers from backorder or delay issues and communicates outcomes to impacted parties.
- Creates and maintains a vendor database, ensuring maximized Client’s indigenous engagement commitments.
- Continuously monitors the status of all requirements through the procurement cycle to ensure timely and efficient awards and deliveries to site, to support interrupted construction flow.
- Maintains procurement logs and delivers reporting per project requirements and schedule.
- Adheres to the Procurement process, technical specification, and industry standards for all purchases.
- 7+ years of proven experience in the construction industry
- SCMP designation or other relevant post-secondary diploma/degree an asset
- Industrial Construction / Mining / Heavy Civil experience would be an asset
- Strength in the commercial and ethical aspects of the procurement process
- Experience in Procurement / Enterprise systems
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Internet
- Well organized, strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Aptitude for anticipating delays that would affect the project
- Capable of processing large volumes of paperwork in an accurate, timely and efficient manner
- Able to work well under pressure on a number of tasks with imposing deadlines
- Able to project a friendly, open manner and communicate well with management, co-workers, internal customers, suppliers, and client representatives
- Adaptable to changing environments and practices continuous improvement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good work ethic, self-motivated, and effectively works independently or within a team environment
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Jun 14, 2022
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada