You are a Horizontal Directional Drill Locator with industry construction experience. You have knowledge of current construction work safe practices. In this role, you will assist in building telecommunications networks. This position provides opportunity for a diverse career path and longevity with an industry leading telecommunications company.
Join Ledcor Technical Services Today!
- Provide HDD drill head location services for the HDD Operator around and/or on utilities for fiber installation projects
- Operate HDD Locator equipment in accordance with company and industry standards
- Maintains company equipment per service requirements and safety guidelines
- Experience working on right of ways in winter conditions
- Communicate work progress and safety performance to the site supervision
- Install conduit, vaults, cable etc. i.e. doing labor work when not locating
- Maintain all equipment in good and safe working condition and report any findings to lead hand
- Take active role in Ledcor’s health and safety program
- Must have previous directional drilling experience
- Previous experience in telecommunications is an asset
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong knowledge of construction documents
- Must be able to track and communicate daily production and materials.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, interpret stakeholders’ needs, and identify solutions
- Must have and maintain a clean and current driver’s license and abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements and security clearance process
- Must be fully vaccinated and provide valid COVID-19 vaccination record (unless you have a legitimate recognized medical or religious reason for not getting vaccinated)
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 50 pounds), working at heights, in confined spaces and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc.)
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Jun 15, 2022
27420 Township Road 374, Red Deer, AB, Canada