You are a B Pressure Rig Welder with experience on industrial piping projects. You will be an integral part of the Ledcor team working on an oilfield tailings and pipeline project. For you, safety and quality are a priority and you are proud of your work at the end of each day.
Join the Ledcor team in Fort McMurray!
- Perform all tasks with Safety as top priority. Participate in Project Safety Program, Attend Toolbox and Safety Meetings, plan safe work with team members daily on Field Level Hazard Assessment forms, intervene and communicate any unsafe acts or conditions.
- Read and interpret drawings and follow welding procedures
- CWB Structural welding
- Carbon steel piping - 48”, 36”, 30”, 28”
- Teamwork is an essential part of our success and it is expected that piping crew members all work together. Tasks may include assisting pipefitters with set-up, rigging, measuring, clean-up etc, when welding is not available
- Must be an Interprovincial Red Seal or have an Alberta Journeyman Welding ticket from a recognized provincial training authority
- Must possess a valid “B” pressure Alberta ticket and down hand welding ticket
- Minimum 3+ years of experience on industrial construction is required
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Good attention to detail with the ability to problem solve
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must have a valid Driver's License and clear 3 year driver's abstract
- Must possess valid CSTS (Construction Safety Training Systems) certification and OSSA Regional Orientation or Basic Safety Orientation certificate
- Confined Space and Fall Projection is an asset
- Shift based position working 14 days on /7 days off rotation
- Working 10-12 hours per day
- Site based camp provided
- Travel allowance provided for those that qualify (non-locals)
- Flights are not provided; would suit locals or candidates residing in western Canada
- The project is expected to run until October 2023
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Jun 16, 2022
Fort MacKay Industrial Park Lot 21, Fort McMurray, AB, Canada