You are a Labourer with 3+ years of experience in underground utility construction working on Outside Plant (OSP) construction. You will assist the Foreman in supervising and coordinating junior labourers and collaborate to complete work safely and efficiently.
- Assist Crew Foreman to ensure assigned job is completed as per the required Scope, Quality and Time as it relates to Budget.
- Train and oversee junior labourers to ensure all tasks are completed in a safe and timely manner
- Ensures that safety protocols are followed at all times
- Completes regular vehicle maintenance checks and associated paperwork
- Drives cube van or 3-ton dump truck with trailer in tow
- Keeps crew vehicles consistently clean and organized
- Works with crew members to perform the day’s tasks (excavating pits, rod, and rope conduits, placing underground cables in conduits, assisting in directional bore operations, removing and replacing concrete and asphalt, etc...)
- Operates equipment and lifts heavy items (up to 50 lbs.)
- Assists in restoring job sites back to their original state
- Maintains a healthy and safe work environment for the crew, the public, the customer, and Ledcor
- 3+ years working in the underground utility construction or civil construction is an asset
- Previous experience as a Lead Hand or similar role preferred
- Capable of reading underground telecommunication plans and work maps is an asset
- Experience operating and maintaining mini excavators, skid steers and backhoes is an asset
- Strong time management skills with the ability to attend to a broad range of activities
- Technically adept with a strong ability to learn quickly, analyze information, and problem solve
- Clean drivers abstract
- Applicants that reside in Central Ontario will be given preference due to the location of this project
- Some travel will be required to site and/or other office locations
- Working outdoors in various weather conditions
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Jun 20, 2022
169 Front Street, Belleville, ON, Canada