You are an experienced Superintendent with experience working on large structural reinforced concrete foundations. You are fully competent in the profession who will assume a leadership role by providing guidance to project staff, trades, sub-contractors and will be responsible for the smooth functioning of day to day operations. Ledcor is expanding and working on some very exciting projects all across Canada.
Your responsibilities will include safety and environmental, quality control, developing and implementing agreed upon field project plans and schedule, delegation of work to field staff, sub-contractors and trades people ensuring that projects are completed safely, on time and within budget. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized on projects.
Join the Ledcor team today!
- Ensures that site safety measures meet or exceed the parameters set out by Ledcor's corporate safety manual. In-depth knowledge of and application of safety, environmental principles, procedures and legislation.
- Hires and manages hourly employees as required to complete the project in consultation with the Construction / Project Managers.
- Supervising, training, and mentoring the project team, including direct and indirect reports.
- Communicating with staff, trades and sub-contractors to ensure that safety, execution performance, productivity, and quality requirements are met or exceeded.
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, applicable building codes, and that efficiency in labour and materials maintain high quality standards.
- Review and understand the project contract and subcontracts, develop a plan that identifies and mitigates risks and maximizes opportunities to ensure all financial budgets, forecasts, and profitability levels are met.
- Work with the project team to develop 30, 60, and 90 day look ahead schedules that meet the overall Project schedule.
- Plans and executes system completion and system turnover
- Developing and maintain strong customer focused relationships with all stakeholders
- Lead the solution provider and profitability culture of Ledcor
- Journeyperson certificate, or postsecondary diploma/engineering.
- Previous experience working with a variety of concrete forming and finishing systems
- Previous experience as a General Foreperson, Superintendent, or similar direct supervisory role.
- Previous experience working on large structural reinforced concrete foundations, bridge experience is preferred.
- Strong safety record and the ability to work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple scopes of a construction project, including scheduling, monitoring, and coordinating own staff, trades and sub-contractors with three-week lookahead schedules that meet the overall project schedule.
- Able to focus on developing long term partnerships with key stakeholders to ensure our contributions to their continuing success
- Influence client and/or organizational leadership to accomplish operational objectives
- Anticipate problems or challenges, propose innovative solutions, and ensure solutions are consistent with project and company objectives
- Travel with full time project location to be determined in Canada Project specific.
- Site based role, rotational shift will be assigned (if rotation and shifts are not known)
- Ability to work evenings, holidays, weekends, and travel away from home will be required.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Jun 20, 2022
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada