We have several openings for experienced Sideboom Pipelayer Operators for our pipeline project in Valemount, BC. The successful candidates will be responsible for operating a Sideboom Pipelayer in accordance with quality, safety and efficiency standards.
Join our Pipeline Team in Valemount, BC!
- Effectively and safely operates a Sideboom Pipelayer utilizing machine specific controls and machine attachments to complete all necessary tasks related to pipeline construction. This includes operating on adverse terrain, in winter operations, and/or near other equipment and power lines.
- Supports with stringing, bending, tie ins, lowering in and/or road bore scopes.
- Operates in crowded, fast-paced working environments, and exercises extreme caution with awareness of potential situational hazards to ensure site safety.
- Interprets verbal and non-verbal communication (including hand signals) from operators, ground personnel and swampers, and acts accordingly.
- Performs effective operation of equipment by recognizing unusual machine movements and sounds.
- Recognizes existing and potential hazards and knows how to identify these through conducting a field level pre-job hazard analysis, checking the machine for hazards and assessing any tasks before start.
- Minimum three years of experience operating a Sideboom Pipelayer and other heavy equipment on a mainline pipeline job or similar heavy civil construction experience is required.
- Previous experience working on pipe diameters larger than NPS 30 is required.
- Experience operating a Sideboom Pipelayer on steep slopes and mountainous terrain greater than 21 degrees preferred. Winch assistance experience highly regarded.
- As a condition of employment, successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
- As a condition of employment, must be willing and able to obtain valid First Aid, PCST (Pipeline Construction Safety Training), Standard Basic Rigging and Ground Disturbance Lvl 2 certificates. Training provided.
- As a condition of employment, must hold a valid driver's license and provide an abstract
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Camp based accommodation
- 6 days on, 1 day off shift, equivalent to a 3/1
- 12 hour work days.
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Aug 8, 2022
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada